The Food Safety Information Center (ICBP) also provided communication with a broad public in 2017. The main ICBP information channel – website www.bezpecnostpotravin.cz - has offered interesting articles in the field of food safety and healthy diet, the supervisory authorities reports, Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed, invitations to fun educational events and other information. The site's viewing has risen again - comparing with 2016, the number of website visitors by www.bezpecnostpotravin.cz has increased from 1,519,849 to 2,017,835.
On the websites www.viscojis.cz and www.viscojis.cz/teens and www.foodsafety.cz data updates were guaranteed in 2017.
Activities ICBP in 2017
• 10 lectures were held with about 402 consumers taking part. In the framework of education of children and young people there were 160 educational programs in which 5, 161 elementary and nursery pupils were acquainted with the issues of proper nutrition and safe food handling.
• 3 fun educational events for children were held: at the International Day of Children at Střelecký Island in Prague, at the exhibition of Země živitelka in České Budějovice and at the National Museum of Agriculture in Prague. These events were attended by nearly 2,000 children.
• Since November 2017 on the website www.bezpecnostpotravin.cz was available the application "Do you eat?". A new part of the application entitled "Nutrition in a Nutshell" is available also which, besides clear and practical information from the world of nutrition offers the calculation of the body weight index and energy intake and nutrient.
• The e-learning course was updated and supplemented with additional modules for pedagogues and students of secondary schools with food focus and for pedagogues and students of grammar schools. Its second year was launched in October 2017 and a total of 33 schools were registered.
• There were published and gradually distributed about 81 000 materials with subjects of food safety and healthy diet.